Monday, May 15, 2006

Experimenting

I've had this blog for quite some time; I've had a free web site for almost as long . . . and I've done very little with either of them. Lately I've been experimenting with several different blogs/websites to see if perhaps another format might strike my fancy and spur me to blog more.

So far I have tried:
Blogger.com (naturally)
MSN Spaces
MySpace
Yahoo 360

Perhaps I'm just an old fogey, but I can't make heads or tails of MySpace. I don't feel too bad because a friend of mine had the same problem-- but then again, she's an old fogey, too. I definitely won't be very active on MySpace.

Yahoo 360 is not very customizable. I doubt I'll be active on it.

Blogger.com and MSN Spaces are the best sites so far. There are a few more sites I will be investigating, and I'll report back on those once I've finished checking them out.

In the meantime, here is the link to my other space at MSN:
Nightwriter at MSN Spaces.

One of the problems I've found both at Blogger and MSN is that I'm not appearing in searches. That can be a real problem once I'm famous-- how on earth are my fans going to find me if I'm not in the search? Of course I'm being flip, but I do like to think positive and plan ahead.